Here are the summary of recently conducted competition research for a serviced office website
1. The majority of the websites that rank on SERP for the keyword “serviced offices Perth” are websites with multiple geographical location, by default these websites are already authoritative websites. Those sites are InstantOffices, ServCorp, Executive Centre and Liberty Offices.
2. Most of the sites that ranked for keyword “serviced offices Perth” are subdomain. They became a pattern among competitors. This was used to get localisation for Google search engine.
3. Most of the companies are focused on virtual office Perth while the main keyword of the industry is “serviced offices Perth”. It’s good opportunity since it will be less competition for main keywords.
4. Since they are multinational companies therefore thy are not local representative of Perth City. A website business tagline that appeal to locality could help improve conversions.
5. A domain like servicedofficesPerth.com.au or servicedofficeperth.com.au are perfect for a niche market like this. Likewise a good domain like
smallbusinesscentreperth.com.au and virtualofficeperth.com.au are good lead generation domain for the company. Creating microsites for this business enable the company to monopolize search engine results.
6. The first website that rank for the keyword “serviced offices Perth” is the Amberley – website has a very poor authority and don’t have any social media and online marketing activity. However, upon checking it is the only website that has an older domain age. Domain age is an important SEO factor for Google ranking. This is just one proof that the company can get to a page and dominate the competition.
4. Out of the 11 top websites only the InstantOffices.com is the most active in social media and blogging. Upon checking most of the blogpost updates are articles about office inspiration, business tips, commercial property, entrepreneurship inspiration and workplace statistics. The has 389 indexed pages making its ranking more stable than others.
5. The www.servcorp.com.au/en/ and www.officespace.com.au/perth.htm are the 2 websites with active search engine optimisation giving the company the opportunity to join the top by pushing any of the 8 weak competitors.
6. The majority of the website doesn’t have any SEO activity. They get the authority through the website age. In fact the average Page Rank is 2 known as site age rank. We can move the site to PR 3 and up as long as it starts with the regular update and content marketing.
7. On the top companies in this market, only one is active in social media therefore the company have a big chance of getting traffics through social media. We sign up other social media channels, engage online through social media and regularly update the website social media channel. On the other hand, the faster way to get likes is through social media advertisement. We recommends the site to pay for Facebook promotion to get likes faster.
8. We will maximise website or service citations – This will help our website to rank in organic and Google places listing (double listing). Upon checking there are 3 pages of ServeCorp that rank for the keyword “serviced offices Perth” homepage (google places listing), subpages of the site (organic listing). This signifies that the website has a consistent structured citation, owner-verified local Plus page, a good number of reviews from their Google plus page and third party traditional review site (Yelp, Mantra, Whitepages,etc).
9. The Website should have a constant blog update to increase our overall authority. Websites that are active in blogging and social media get the chances to have spike traffics from searchengine.
10. For the top 10 competitors, 6 websites have more than 100 pages indexed. It means we can beat the 4 right away once we start adding regular content.