Here are the complete SEO setup for any new and revamp website
1. Register to Bing/Google webmaster and Analytics –
2. Intall webmaster and bing code on demo dashboard –
The site have established Google places that if we want to update the information, we need to claim ownership following Google procedures. Any of the 2 procedure are ok as long as we get the confirmation code.
a. Google will send the code in the old address through post card. This confirmation code will serve as password to edit the information (old address)
b. Google machine will call the phone number (old phone) in the old address providing the confirmation code.
Is there any person who can receive this communication? Google will send it 3x and if the company staff fail to receive it we will not be able to claim it again.
Other way is to create NEW business listing using new address and new phone number. Before it go to live, Google will either send the confirmation code in the new address using post card or through the new phone number.
After requesting a website audit, the company is now looking for marketing recommendations. The following strategy should not be done my a marketing staff alone, it requires project manager, graphic and web developers, writers and internet marketing staff.
2. Start content marketing by updating your blog at least 2x a week. Use this blog to update all your social media accounts. Write topics beyond your business. Discuss entrepreneurship, start up, management, marketing, app developments, ecommerce web design and organisation.
3. Google look for website reputation. Make sure the about us page, portfolio, testimonials and service pages have low bounce
rate. Check your Google analytics for the bounce and exit rate.
1. For immediate traffics they need to run facebook and adwords advertisement campaign.
2. For long term traffic generation, we need to revamp the website. Google is looking for the following pages: contactus, about us, testimonials and blog page.
3. Once the site is ready, sign up for a 3 months SEO campaign to get minimum inbound links and citation.
3.1 Regularly update the website with knowledge based content. This will make them expert in eyes of Google algorithm.
3.2 They are regularly updating Facebook page but never update their website. This is wrong process. They should create a blog in their website, update it with photos of the customer. Then use the blog update and post it on facebook.
We need to encourage the client to make the site unique in terms of content. This is to avoid 2 possible penalties.
Content duplication concern with workingholiday.com website.
Doorway penalty since many pages were linking/pointing to another website owned by client.
If the site get the penalty it will become harmful than helpful.
It has been spammers strategy in online marketing to create multiple websites pointing traffic to the main website through links. Due to same IP and same content, it will be very obvious to Google spam team.
1. For old website, before we begin the development, we retrieve and
preserve your site’s:
a. Google analytics ____________
b. Webmaster code ____________
c. 5 to 10 latest keywords ranking on Google.com.au for comparison with the new website
d. Current homepage domain and page authority, number of Google/Bing indexed pages and backlinks.
Google index pages
Bing index pages
e. Navigation structure and list of all urls
f. Identify internal pages with higher authority and presence of inbound links.
2. For new and old site, we conduct local and global keywords research